Thursday, February 9, 2012

The pictures below are my day's work with quilts.  What a joy I find in quilting each quilt.  Even though I have been quilting for almost 11 years I am always delighted with each quilt.  The stained glass looking quilt and the pinwheel quilt were both pieced by Susie A.  The stained glass quilt is made of flannel on top and bottom and is so luxuriously soft.  This should be a great cuddle quilt.  The pinwheel quilt is so striking with the bright contrasting colors.  The quotation at the top is from a gift bag and I just can't get that quote out of my head.  Unfortunately, I cannot find who the author is even though I tried looking it up. 

Well I'm off in the moring for a quilt retreat with some dear quilters, but then aren't all quilters little dears.  We are going to Threads of Time in Danville, IL until Sunday afternoon.  I have my strips all cut and ready for the 1600 quilt that keeps dancing in my head.  I've got 42 - 3" strips just waiting to be made into a quilt.  I can't wait to see how this quilt will look with all of the green and blue fabrics.  I even discovered one strip of fabric has a little pink in it, my very favorite color. Now if I can just get myself settled down and get to sleep. Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment