Thursday, February 16, 2012

My week has not been normal as far as my quilting schedule goes, but I have learned that I just have to go with the flow and somehow I do get the quilts quilted. Picture one is one of the reasons my week hasn't been normal  But isn't he just too cute.  I'll show you my new favorite item I purchased while on my quilt retreat last weekend at Threads of Time in Danville, IL.  Our group had lunch several times at Charlotte's in Danville, IL.  A quaint sandwich, tea, coffee and flavored Cokes restaurant in Danville, IL.  As the menu changes each day for the soups, salads, deserts and did I mention flavored Cokes (they had one of the best Vanilla Cokes I have had and I have had many vanilla Cokes over the years).   I did purchase a beautiful robin egg blue Stump Teapot.  Isn't it just the cutest?  It holds 2 cups and has a strainer so you can use loose tea as well as bagged.  My fellow longarm friend Sue K. has gotten me hooked on Blackberry Sage tea from The Republic of Tea Company.  It is so soothingly smooth to drink.  Here is their website if you are interested www.republicoftea.com or call them at 1-800-298-4832.

I hope you enjoy checking out a few more of my quilts  I made the snowman wallhanging a month or so ago with one of the patterns from It's A Quilt Thing by Laurie Thomas (the outer border that is).  The other two quilts hanging over my banister on the left makes me realize it is still winter while the one on the right makes me realize spring isn't far off.

I went to Common Threads Quilt Guild meeting last night in Lafayette, IN.  The featured speaker was Jan Stroud.  I'll be showing pictures of her beautiful quilts in the coming days.  So do stop back.

Blessings to all.








No comments:

Post a Comment