Sunday, February 26, 2012

Even though it is chilly in Indiana today the sun is shining brightly which always warms my heart and soul.  I can hear geese outside making a fuss about something or maybe they are just saying they are enjoying the sunshine as well. 








As promised I have some pictures to share of my friend Jan Stroud.  Jan is working on a project at the quilt retreat at Camp Tecumseh in Brookston, Indiana when she let me snap her picture.  Jan has always had a wonderful eye for color when assembling her quilt tops and the quilt behind her is no exception.  Jan's trademark colors are purple and blue and she loves to work in batiks.  I have quilted for Jan for about nine years now.  Jan has allowed me freedom all these years to quilt and add embellishments as I see fit to her quilts and wallhangings.  With this freedom I have placed yarns, ribbons, crystals, paper (yes paper), lace, netting, made beads out of egg cartons (great way to recycle), wire and anything else I think might add some zip to the quilt.  The pictures don't do the quilts justice, but I'll show them to you just for you to enjoy.  The pictures of the quilts are from a 2012 calendar Jan and her husband Bob made for me.   Jan and Bob make a great team when it comes to Jan's quilting.  Bob is always encouraging Jan and has a great eye to let Jan know if she has a block laid out wrong.  Although he won't turn a block on a quilt without Jan's approval.  Jan enjoys doing trunk shows at quilt guilds and keeps her audiences' attention during her presentation with little stories about each quilt.  I hope you have enjoyed these few pictures of Jan's amazing quilts. 

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment