Tuesday, February 7, 2012


No sunshine today in Indiana, but atleast I had some beautiful quilts to work on.  The two pictures above show the black and white with red flowers quilt I worked on today.  The quilter had the flowers and stems fused and I heat set them on the quilt.  I added colored yards as the picture shows in the middle of each flower.  The flowers are very striking against the black and white fabrics.    

 I am looking forward to spending a few days at Threads of Time quilt shop and retreat in Danville, IL Friday through Sunday this weekend.  I have another 1600 quilt in my head since I have been collecting many (and I do mean many) shades of blue fabric.  As I continue to post my quilts you will see that pink is probably my favorite color so I am trying to branch out in the color spectrum.   Seeing the flowers on the quilt above is calling me to do the same with the blue 1600 quilt I would like to make at the retreat this weekend.  I'm sure I will be able to find some material at Threads of Time to use for the flowers.  Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment