Saturday, June 2, 2012










Here are a few pictures of quilts I've worked on this week.  The first picture is a quilt that Lynn made in grays and black.  Lynn's choice of fabrics added the right amount of contrast for this quilt.  I used light gray Glide thread.  I absolutely love Glide thread.  If you want to take a look at the sight for Glide go to www.bobbincentral.com  

The second picture is a table topper made by Shelley.  Shelley said this was her first attempt at applique.  She did a great job on her applique.  I would never have guessed this was her first attempt.  This is such a cheery pattern.  I chose Glide, Lt Lemon thread since Shelley said she liked the idea of using yellow thread. 

The third picture is a pinwheel quilt made by Pam S.  I chose Glide, light cream for the thread and a pinwheel pattern for the quilting.  I was happy with the pinwheel pattern which left the quilt looking light and airy.

Oops, sorry I didn't get this posted but yesterday, June 1, 2012 was National Doughnut Day!! Now mind you I've been trying to be aware of my eating habits and doughnuts and pastries have not been on my healthy eating list. Since we have two hometown bakeries in Monticello I had to visit both of them. So I picked up a glazed twister from John's Bakery on 6th street and an absolutely" tastes just like my mom used to make" homemade tasting alligator coffee cake from Kinsers' Bakery on Main St. in Monticello, IN. Can you believe the alligator coffee cake from Kinsers was only $4.95 what a bargain. 

Well I'm getting ready to head to Rossville Quilts Shop www.rossvillequilts.com to pick up some Moda white material for the backing of my illusion quilt.  Atleast that's my plan is to buy white, but then you never know what might catch my eye. 

Have a Happy Saturday!!  And I hope you enjoy your day.

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment