Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Afternoon everyone.  Another hot day here in Monticello, Indiana.  But I'll take this weather any day over snow and ice. 

I just had to post some pictures of the quilt I've been working on.  I actually finished this "star" about 10: 30 pm last night.  It was worth the late hours.  The owner of the quilt Susie A. said this quilt is entirely paper pieced.  I'm sorry, but I don't know the pattern name.  I used two layers of Hobbs 80/20 to "Poof" up the quilt.  The thread is Glide in navy, bright yellow, and a green.  Lots of thread changes, but the quilt called for the different colors.  Over 90% of the quilting was done freehanded.  I only used the Statler in the yellow sections with the spike patterns.  Although this quilt took extra time to quilt, I am so happy with the results.  I hope Susie likes the results as well.

Blessings to all.







2 comments:

  1. LOve the quilt and the quilting you did, fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jude. This is such a neat quilt. I'll be sad when I have to send it back to its owner. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete