Sunday, June 17, 2012

Whoops, I almost forgot to say Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers out there.  I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend.







 I'm so excited I quilted my quilt I call "Illusion", actually called Double the Fun by Kate Spain and Sherri McConnell.  I used the pattern for the back of the quilt which did not have the sashing piece as it did for the front of the quilt.  This pattern was found in the Better Homes and Gardens - Quilts and More Spring 2012 issue on page 50.  The quilting pattern was Curls and Pearls #2 by Nancy Haacke (www.digitizedquiltingpatterns.com) and I enlarged the pattern to 14.7 inches high.  I used two layers of Hobbs 80/20 (white) batting and Glide white thread.  I am very happy with the results of the quilting pattern.  I am doing a "Happy Dance" that this quilted is quilted!!!

Please indulge me I have posted a couple of pictures of our son David and his girlfriend Maddisen.  They were in Monticello this weekend and celebrated Father's Day with us and Madison with her family.  Not that I'm biased or anything, but I think they are such a cute couple.

Well I better get settled down and get some rest.  Four of the five "Dumplings" will be over tomorrow.  Jacob, Abigale, Carly and Eli will certainly liven things up here tomorrow.  I hope Gary has the golf cart all charged up.

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment