Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Tuesday, June 12, 2012.  Well I survived my 60th birthday today.  Gary and I had a wonderfully peaceful day.  We were on the go most of the day which included a jaunt to Lafayette to purchase a new sun umbrella for the deck.  I can't wait to set it up tomorrow.  We had lunch at Igloo and I had my most favorite drink of all a Vanilla Coke.  It was worth every calorie.  I even made a quick stop at a quilt shop.  You gotta give Gary credit for being so patient today. We finished up the day by going to our grandson, Jacob's softball game. I didn't get a chance to quilt one of my own quilts today, but that is okay.  I will quilt my Double the Fun (I call mine Illusion) this weekend for sure.
I've posted a picture of a quilt I did yesterday for Nancy J and pieced by Meg F.  I love Kaffe Fassett fabric.  This quilt is so gentle to the eye.  Meg is an excellent piecer so quilting this quilt was so easy.  I used Glide thread in Lt. Lilac and used a pattern called Jamaica.  The quilting is hard to see but the material in this quilt is so beautiful it hardly needed much quilting.  This quilt should be on its way to the National Quilt Association quilt show in Columbus, Ohio www.nqaquilts.org June 14-16, 2012.  Beth is probably hand stitching down the binding as we speak and Nancy J should be hanging it in her booth at the show.  Wish I was going to this show, maybe next year.

Blessings to all and thank you for the birthday well wishes.  Turning 60 wasn't so bad after all.




1 comment: