Friday, May 4, 2012

Wow what a productive week I had, well at painting that is, not quilting.  Gary and I painted our bedroom and bathroom this past week along with the trim work.  I am so glad to be done with that project, but I am enjoying the new look.   Pale blue is the new color with the white trim work.  I'm ready to order a white quilt, yes white.  I found a quilt on Overstock.com in a king size.  Yes, I know I should be making one, but I plan on using all of my quilts to decorate my bed with at the foot side or place a quilt on the diagonal.   I've posted one picture of the bathroom, but now I realize I need to remove all of the stenciled tulips I had around the tub tile.   Thankfully, I put the tulips on with acrylic paint and they are easy to remove.  It's amazing when you think you've got one project done another needs to be addressed.  Atleast, it's an easy fix.

 Audrey Kate, my oldest granddaughter spent the night with us last night.  We picked her up right after school and went shopping for a dress for her to wear when she is sworn into National Honor's Society next week. She had school off today so we spent the morning cleaning out my walk-in closet which is now a real walk-in closet.  Audrey Kate had fun looking at old pictures of her Mama and checking out old newspaper articles I had kept. Audrey Kate likes the new paint color and says it fits with living on the lake. I didn't get a quilt of my own quilted as I had planned for this past week, but it really feels good to have achieved so much sprucing up.  Once the new carpet is installed I'll post some pictures of the new look.  Gary installed the new towel rods which has added to the "spruced up" look.  I didn't realize just how worn out my old towel rods were until they were removed.  I guess I've been focused on quilting quilts.  Have a great weekend everyone.

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment