Saturday, May 26, 2012

Blessings everyone.  I have to tell you that I snuck away yesterday and I'm in Danville, IL at the Threads of Time Quilt Shop and Retreat Center.  I will be back home tonight, but I arrived here about 9:15 am yesterday and I got the Double the Fun quilt pattern by Kate Spain and Sherri McConnell put together.  I love the illusion this quilt shows and I can't wait to get it quilted.  I'll have to put my name on my quilting calendar.

I also finished the batik 1600 quilt I previously posted when it was in the uncut material stage, strip stage and then put together.  I added circles to this quilt and I absolutely think the circles finished this quilt off beyond my expectations.  I do not plan to add borders because I feel it is complete as it looks.  I want to hang this quilt on the 20' wall in my foyer.  I can already envision this quilt hanging in my foyer.  I can hardly contain my excitement for this quilt.

Jane O. has put several quilts together while at the retreat.  She brought with her orphan blocks she has accumulated over the years and put them all together to make her quilt.  The picture of this quilt doesn't do it justice.  So don't be afraid to put all of your orphan blocks together.  Jane has blocks that are stars, snowmen, vw beetle cars. birthday cake, people and some blocks she redesigned to fit the quilt.  She has put three quilts together and is starting her fourth quilt now.  I wish I had her energy. 

There are two other groups of ladies here at the retreat.  Most are from the Champain-Urbana area of Illinois.  I love spending time with quilters.  We are from all walks of life, all ages and each lady is unique.    The paper pieced cats with the mice in the sashing is just one of those unique quilts made by Debbie D-W.  I find it interesting that the mice have herded the cats into the center of the quilt.  These mice must be related to Mighty Mouse.  I must be showing my age, Mighty Mouse was a cartoon character I remember as a child.  Another unique quilt was made by Brenda and her grandson.  I think the construction implements show well on this quilt.

I've also posted some pictures of the garden area here at the Retreat Center.  We sat out on the veranda area last night and ate our supper.  The garden is such a serene area to be in anytime of the day and the water feature is soothing to hear.  Bill and Missy have made the garden area a truly special garden to enjoy.  There are many plants and flowers to enjoy along with the sweet smells from the roses.

Enjoy your weekend.  Blessings to all.













1 comment:

  1. I spent last Saturday there and loved the garden. I actually spent quite a bit of time there just resting and taking in the nature. It was so fun watching the birds all take baths in the rock fountain.

    ReplyDelete