Friday, May 11, 2012

I just had to stop and "smell the roses" today.  Obviously, you can't smell their sweet fragrance, but if you want to stop by and smell the roses please do.  This bush is about a month ahead of its normal schedule, but I am enjoying their beauty and appreciate how such a beautiful flower awakens my senses to all that is around me. 

And before I forget, Happy Mothers' Day to all of you mothers out there.

I had to show you some pictures of a quilt I just finished for Jane O.  As I have said before I love colorful quilts and this quilt doesn't disappoint.  This is a 1600 quilt that Jane added a fused on applique bouquet of flowers.  The applique piece is easy for my quilters to do, because all they have to do is fuse on their applique and I will stitch it down as I am longarm quilting their quilt.  I go around the applique piece changing threads to match the applique as needed.  I then quilt the quilting pattern onto the quilt.  I think the applique piece jazzs up the simplicity of the 1600 quilt pattern.  I still don't have my 1600 quilts quilted, but that's okay.  I love, love, love the colors in this quilt.   So what do you think of this quilt?

Blessings to all and Happy Mothers' Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment