Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Sunday and let me see is it Earth Day today, if so Happy Earth Day.  I am starting to realize just how much precious time I do have in my day when I am not longarm quilting for my business.  Which then makes me think how should I use this time?  Should I be doing something that makes me joyful or should I do something to make other people joyful. Then I decided why not do both. So below is a picture of the pin cushions I have been working on to give to four of my friends who are going to the AQS Paducah Quilt Show this week.  I realized joy for me comes from sharing and giving and I hope the pincushions bring a joyful smile to the four friends who will receive the pin cushions. 

The pincushions were made from egg cups I purchased at Cracker Barrel.  I used two pieces of about 5" squares of fabric folded then hot glued into the egg cup, hot glued the wool ball and then placed four steel pins into the wool ball.  This really was an easy project once I decided upon which fabric pieces to use.  In an earlier picture of the pin cushions I had different material which looked okay, but I wanted more "bling" so I found this material in my stash.  I have to tell on myself that it was at first hard for me to cut into the new material, because I just loved this material.  Do you ever have a problem cutting into material you just love?

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment