Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!  I'm always amazed how my week moves right on by, but I am working on my second custom quilt for the week so I guess I'm in pretty good shape.  And I can't use any excuses that I had activities to attend with the grandchildren.  I do have bible study on Wednesdays though.  My good friend Kristie D. and I are studying the Stepping Up a journey through the  Psalms of Ascent by Beth Moore.  If anyone is interested in a great bible study Beth Moore is filled with God's grace and does a commanding job through each study we have done.  You can find information at www.lifeway.com or phone 800-458-2772.

I've listed some pictures of the quilts I've been working on this week.  The first three pictures are Kathleen's and I believe the pattern is called Sea Life.  I quilted each block separately with a different pattern.  The colors of the quilt made me feel like I was in a tropical setting.  What a great feeling to feel like your on vacation even though you're working. 







The next four pictures are Kristie's quilt and the quilt is still on my machine.  I am having a lot of fun with this quilt as well and I think I've done four thread changes so far.  This is a great quilt with beautiful color combinations.  I just love the paper pieced blocks.  I'm not sure if they are called a mariner's compass or new york beauty.  Whatever the name is they are gorgeous.  I'll post a full view of the quilt when it is completed.   Thanks for checking out the pictures.  Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment