Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday, July 21st, 2012.  Happy Birthday to my big brother John who turns 64 today.

I've posted a few pictures of some of the quilts I did this week.  Whew it was a fun week this week with five quilts keeping me busy.  Each one was unique and special in its own way.  Cindy S.  made three quilts that she is giving away to friends.  Is that generous or what?  I particularly liked the quilt we called Route 66 because of the quilting pattern I found to place on this quilt.  I found a rounded camper and I found a Route 66 sign to place on the blocks.  The material had the rounded campers in it so the rounded camper pattern was perfect for this quilt as well as the Route 66 sign.  Cindy's tan/brown quilt had beautiful brown/tan tones to which I added the Shadows pattern.  The pink/purple quilt rounded out the three to which I added morning glories in each of the cornerstone blocks, outlined the flowers in the outer border and using a continusous vines and flowers pattern in the body of the quilt.  The Glide thread that I used in all three quilts only added to the quilting.

The last two quilts were for Bev and Sue.  The underground railroad sampler quilt is a raffle quilt for Bev's guild.  I quilted each block with a different pattern again with Glide thread.  Sue's black, white and lime green quilt is for her granddaughter.  The lime green really added a nice contrast against the black and white material.  Sue also used a special ruler for the top border which give the pattern a three dimensional look.  I placed circle bubbles in the body of the quilt and tennis shoes in the borders since Sue's granddaughter played tennis.

Now how did that picture of Eli get in there?  Eli did spend the night with us last night.  His oldest sister Audrey Kate and his brother Jacob both have pigs in the White County Fair so Mom and Dad were super busy last night helping the kids get the pigs ready.  Eli has enjoyed his time with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle David this weekend, but it's time for him to go home shortly.  He had to take one last look at the fishes in the acquarium. 

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

Blessings to all.












No comments:

Post a Comment