Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Sunday Everyone!!  It finally rained here in Monticello, Indiana!!!! Yippee i o kiay.  We didn't get any hail, atleast in our area so I hope that is the case for everyone else.  Thank you Lord for the much needed rain.  Gary thought we had gotten about an inch and a half.  It is still overcast so I'm not sure if the rain is complete for now or not. 

I've kept busy all weekend longarm quilting.  I've posted a few pictures to show the beautiful quilts that I worked on for Jane O and Sandy W.  Jane O's orphan block quilt  took time to complete, but sometimes you just have to do what the quilt tells you to do.  Jane's white and red quilt and other colors "apple" quilt is such a happy quilt.  And last but not least the federal blue quilt with the applique flowers is subtle, but the rose applieque finishes off the soft material in this quilt.  I chose to treat the one block below the applique as if it were a vase.  The picture may not show the difference in the quilting, but up close the quilting set off the rectagular block making it look as though the roses are hanging in a vase.  Sandy used an olive minkee on the back of her quilt and the quilting pattern really set the minkee off.  Sandy used batik squares on the quilt top.  This quilt is for Sandy's husband, George.  I think George will love the softness of the minkee. 

That's it for now.  I have one of my own quilts on the machine right now, wait did I type that right, yes I do have one of my own quilts on my machine.  I'll post pictures when I have my 1600 quilt with the purple tulips off of the machine.  What a great feeling to have quilted one of my own quilts. 

Blessings to all.






No comments:

Post a Comment