Friday, July 6, 2012

I've posted pictures of my 1600 quilt that is finally quilted and the binding has been applied.  I must say I am happy with the outcome of this quilt.  It makes me feel good that the binding is complete, since binding is my least favorite step in making a quilt.  I did sew down the binding and I am happy with the results.  I know many prefer to hand sew their binding down, but it is absolutely uncomfortable for my hands to hand sew my binding down.  I have to laugh at myself because I have a Janome machine with 236 decorative stitches.  I just thought  I had to have 236 stitches and guess what type of stitch I used to sew down my binding with . . . . .  yes, you guessed right a straight stitch.  I also used my little Janome Gem Gold with the regular pessure foot to sew the binding on.  Sew much for the 236 stitches of the fancy machine.  Oh, well maybe one day I'll use some of those decorative stitches.

I just had to include a picture of Eli a.k.a. Boom Boom.  Just look at that smile, doesn't it just make you melt.  Eli and his brother and sisters were here on Monday and Tuesday, that's probably why Gary and I have been absolutely happy to spend a quiet Fourth of July at home.  Firecrackers are still going off here and probably will continue through the weekend.  Have a safe and happy weekend everyone. 
Blessings to all.





No comments:

Post a Comment