Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blessings all.

I actually quilted one of my own quilts over the weekend.  I had posted pictures of this quilt before after I pieced it, but now that I have it quilted I thought you might enjoy seeing the quilting.  These patterns are from www.digitizedquiltingpatterns.com by Nancy Haacke.  I am absolutely thrilled with the results of the quilting patterns on this quilt.  I did change the patterns on the borders to fit the wide borders which distorted the pattern somewhat, but I love the look.  I also used an E2E pattern and treated it like a block pattern, which is what was placed in each corner of the wide border.  I doubled the batting of Hobbs 80/20 for this quilt, which made it really heavy, but I love the look the extra batting gave to the quilting.  Thanks for checking my quilt out.

Blessings to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment