Monday, July 16, 2012







Hello everyone.  Gracious I bet you are wondering where have I been, I'm wondering that myself.   I can't believe it's been a whole week since I last posted.  I have been busy quilting as seen in the pictures above.  I probably sound like a broken record, but I really do have the best job.  Just look at all of those beautiful quilts.  JoAnn H. allowed me to quilt the two walllhangings she plans on giving to family members.  JoAnn certainly made my job easy with her great piecing. (Pictures 1 and 4)
I also have had Christmas in July at my house with the quilt Carol P. pieced. (Pictures 2 & 3))  I completely quilted this quilt freehand.  I haven't quilted a quilt completely freehanded in some time.  My hands were sore when I finished this quilt, but it made me happy to know I can still freehand feathers.  I really need to take some time and record some of my own feathers and save them to my Statler for future quilting projects.  Carol has such patience when it comes to applique as you can see on her Christmas quilt and her applique block quilt. (Picture 5)  I so admire applique, but my hands don't allow me the luxury of hand stitching. 

I've also posted a few pictures of two of my own quilts.  (Pictures 6, 7 & 8) I did post the smaller quilt with the rectangular blocks already, but I finished this quilt by putting the binding on and then I decided to sew the large buttons you see on the quilt.  I've decided to call this quilt, "Don't sit on top of my quilt".  It might be a little uncomfortable with those big buttons, hence the name.  I decided that when Eli (a.k.a. Boom Boom) comes over and takes a nap he might enjoy touching the buttons.  It always takes him a few minutes to settle down when it is nap time so maybe the buttons will humor him.  We shall see.  I also have a picture of the quilt I made last week.  The pattern is called Taking Turns by Monica Solorio-Snow of Happy Zombie (thehappyzombie.com).  The pattern was in the Quilts and More, Spring 2012 issue.  This quilt went together super fast.  I added a 10" border instead of the 2 1/2 inch border it called for.  As always I wanted the larger border so I can quilt, quilt, quilt.  I actually was shocked that I put this quilt together in less than a day, probably about 7 hours with distractions in between.  It calls for 12 - 18" blocks plus sashing.  I have used up the 10 yards of Moda white that I bought about six weeks ago.  I guess I'm in my "white" period for some reason.  I love the calming affect that white brings in between the bright colors.  It gives me a chance to really enjoy the bright material. 

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment