Saturday, August 4, 2012

Woo Hoo!! It just rained here, well it was just a little shower, but something is better than nothing.  I have been LAZY today as far as quilting.  I decided since I quilted seven quilts last week that I deserved to take the weekend off.  I am enjoying sitting underneath a quilt right now and watching the Hallmark Channel.  It may be 98 outside, but my Illusion quilt feels so wonderful to the touch. 

I visited the farmstand across the road from us this week and met a wonderful young farmer named Frank.  Frank must be all of six, but he is quite knowledgable of the farm fresh produce he and his parents are selling.  So I bought some sweet corn and a watermelon from Frank.  I had my choice of three different watermelons so I chose the light green with dark stripes.  I love fresh ripe red watermelon.  I've posted a picture below of half of the watermelon.  Imagine my surprise when I cut into the watermelon and it was this beautiful shade of "yellow".  I couldn't believe it, yellow really?  I didnt even know yellow watermelons existed.  I know I need to get out more often.  The yellow watermelon had a great taste so Gary and I were not disappoited with our first yellow watermelon.  Actually, the yellow would be beautiful to use in a fruit salad with blueberries, strawberries etc.

I have posted a few more pictures of some of the quilts I did this week.  I will confess I didn't get pictures of all of this weeks quilts but I did have a great time quilting.  I hope you enjoy the pictures of Bobbi K's and Celeste D's quilts shown below.  The paper pieced star quilt was still on the machine when I took a quick picture.  This quilt is stunning and Meg F did a fabulous job as she always does.  Thanks ladies for allowing me to quilt your quilts.

Blessings to all.




1 comment:

  1. Glad you have had some rain, and you certainly have had a busy week getting that many quilts done. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete