Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Greetings all.  I've had a great week quilting and it was an honor for me to quilt two Quilts of Valor that Sharon B.  brought along with her quilt.  The Quilts of Valor quilts were made using the 1600 pattern and they are beautiful in their colors of red, white and blue. I used a pattern that has a star, a medal, the words respect, honor and Thank you along with an eagle.  I hope whoever receives this quilts knows it was made and quilted with respect and love.

 Sharon's quilt was made for her granddaughter who plans to take the quilt with her to college.  I placed a pattern called Shoe Fetish on this quilt and I love how this pattern quilted out.  Thanks Sharon for letting me quilt your quilts.

I've also posted two pictures of a new favorite sewing notion.  The wood handle was made by a woodworker and I think it is exquisite.  I can tell the  woodworker took great pride in his workmanship.  The wood handle is used to place a seam ripper in which for me makes it so much more comfortable on my hands when I have to remove stitching.  Not that I have to remove stitches very often, Ya right.  So if you want to make your seam ripper better ergonomically purposed try one of these little handles.  It really works and it makes it easier to find your seam ripper.  You probably don't need to use your seam ripper anyway, but in case you do .....  I found this wood handle at Threads of Time Quilt Shop and Retreat in Danville, Illinois.

Blessings to all.





No comments:

Post a Comment