Sunday, August 5, 2012

Peaceful blessings everyone.  I was awakened at 4:30 a.m. this morning to some loud and clashing thunder.  I was told when you see the flash of lightening start counting one-one thousand etc. and when you hear the thunder that is how far away the lightening is in miles.  I got to six so I estimated the lightening to be six miles away.  Good thing because the storm seemed to be pretty intense.  But out of all of this noise we picked up an inch of rain.  Thank you Heavenly Father for this much needed rain.

I did not longarm quilt today but kept thinking I should have loaded a quilt.  I did resist the temptation though and just enjoyed the beautiful weather today.  At one point today I gave Gary a hair cut, something I have done for the past 40 years or so.  This habit was started all of those years ago and I regularly tell Gary just think how much money I have saved you by cutting your hair all of these years.  His response is usually, "Yes, dear."  But today was a special hair cut day out on the deck.  We were entertained by sailboats out on the lake today.  I love to watch sailboats with their crisp white sails as they are carried along by the wind.  I've never been on a sailboat, but I do think it would be fun to be moved along by the wind.

Blessings to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment