Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Where does the time go, gracious.  I remember my dear mother telling me time goes faster when you get older.  Not that I feel old or anything, well maybe my right hip is sore tonight. But I did sit through five volleyball games tonight that my sweet granddaughter (Audrey Kate) played in.  I clapped so much that I bruised my hand.  Even though Audrey's team lost in the final match the girls have nothing to be ashamed of.  They played hard and gave it their all.  Which leads me to quilting and the ladies I quilt for work hard and give their quilts their all.  I never cease to be amazed at the joy of piecing quilts that is brought to each quilter.  Have you ever watched the look on a quilters face as they are cutting material, sewing those pieces of material together and then looking with contentment and admiration at the finished block.  Quilting really is a therapy for many quilters and as I've said before its also a secret diary.  I can look at a quilt and remember what was going on in my life during the time I was making the quilt.  So for me it is a secret diary.  How about you is your quilt a secret diary?

Below are two quilts I recently quilted for Carolyn.  Such diversity in color. I love it when a quilter isn't afraid to try different color ranges.  I should be so bold to go from one end of the color wheel to another.  How about you do you stay within a color range or do you venture out.

I would also take a moment to show thankfulness for two prayer requests that were answered.  Two people in my life had been hospitalized and both are now home recuperating.  Thank you to my Heavenly Father for healing and to all who had been in prayer.

Blessings to all.







No comments:

Post a Comment