Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blessings everyone.  It has warmed up nicely here in beautiful Monticello, Indiana.  I've even got my socks off today.

Below are a few pictures of a quilt I completed for Nancy J.  She will have this quilt on display in her booth at AQS DesMoines in a few weeks.  It is patriotic in theme so I quilted each block with some kind of a star pattern.  I am always amazed at what the Statler can do, great precision.  But having said that it does take a lot of time to quilt out a quilt when you are quilting individual blocks/sections.  Would you believe this quilt took 9 1/2 hours to complete? I only mention this because some people have commented that it is so easy and quick to quilt out a quilt using computerized patterns.  This quilt is 72.75" x 54.75" so it is hardly a huge quilt but the precision the Statler quilts out the quilt is amazing.  Longarm quilting whether doing freehand work or a computer is challenging but it is also rewarding, especially when you see the quilters happy face after they've viewed their quilted quilt for the first time.

Blessings to all.




2 comments:

  1. well done, and I agree, the computer does make for accuracy, but is not always quicker by the time its set up, usually as the piecing is not exact!

    ReplyDelete