Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Blessings everyone.  It does feel a bit like fall here today in beautiful Monticello, Indiana.  I have my jeans on, a swearshirt and socks on.  Some of you may know I don't wear socks often so this does confirm it is a bit chilly.

The picture below is a small wall hanging I made many years ago.   Like I've said before my quilts, whether they are big or small, are a secret diary to me.  The story behind this little quilted wallhanging is where it all started for me, that is to say this how I became interested in becoming a Longarm quilter.  I quilted this piece with my 1979 Singer sewing machine.  My Singer is so old that I couldn't drop the feed dogs so I placed an index card over the feed dogs and proceeded to quilt for the first time freehanded.  I was hooked.  The rest they say is history.  Now don't look close at the freehand quilting because it is not a pretty site.  I just knew I was hooked and so began my interest in looking at Longarm machines. It took me about a year to research the Longarm companies and their machines before I purchased my Gammill Classic in 2001.  It doesn't seem possible to me that over 12 years have passed since my Gammill fondly referred to as Miss Smith arrived.  But my greatest achievement are the friendships I've made through quilting.  I consider some of my quilting friends family because we really have shared our lives together these past 12 years.  And like my quilts these ladies have kept my secrets, gave me hugs and made me smile.  Thank you ladies.

Blessings to all.


2 comments:

  1. I first purchased my Gammill Premier in 2002, and then upgraded to the Optimum with statler in 2007. It has also been an amazing journey, making great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to hear from you, Jude. And just think we would not be corresponding if it wasn't for our love of Longarm quilting. I've been enjoying your pictures of flowers and of course I love seeing all of the beautiful quilts you have quilted. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete