Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy Monday everyone. Hard to believe, but another month is almost over.  But I always look forward to the first of the month since a pattern designer I belong to, Nancy Haacke at digitizedquiltingpatterns.com sends out her new patterns.  Nancy has new patterns that go out to anyone who belongs to her Masters Club.  It's like Christmas to me on the first of each month.  I'm always excited to see what new patterns I'll have to place on my clients' quilts.

I am always amazed at how life intertwines happiness and sadness.  One of my sweet quilting friends went to be with our Lord and Saviour.  Her family celebrated Dee's life and was consoled by the many wonderful stories and remembrances family and friends shared at the wake yesterday.  Dee was one of the first quilters I met when we moved to Monticello in 1998.  Besides quilting Dee also baked and decorated cakes and cookies.  She made my son David's graduation cake and decorated cookies that were just too cute to eat.  I remember I saved those cookies for months after the party.  In sharing stories with Dee's son Mike, Mike hugged me and told me he wanted to give me a quilt Dee had made and I had quilted years ago.  I was overtaken with this sweet gesture that I teared up.  This sweet gesture has made me realize once again just how blessed I am to be able to quilt for my clients.  But I really don't even like to use the word clients because these ladies really are my friends.  And though Dee is no longer here on this earth I know she is smiling down at her family and friends and maybe evening quilting while she is baking cookies.

On a joyful moment our neighbor welcomed their first granddaughter, Amy, yesterday.  We are asking for prayer for little Amy as she will be undergoing heart surgery this Thursday, October 3rd.  This will be a tedious surgery and much prayer is needed.  So if you will take a moment to keep Amy and her family in prayer I know they would greatly appreciate your prayers.

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment