Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  I do hope that all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving are blessed with a day to enjoy your family and friends.  I will have have 11 guests today and one handsome dog named J.D. (Just Dog).  J.D. is welcomed to our home anytime since I think he behaves better than some family members, just kidding.

I have to tell a joke about myself.  I got up early to start preparing the turkey and I was trying to be ever so quiet so I wouldn't wake up my husband and son.  Gary, my husband, sleeps in another part of the house this will make sense as I continue this story.  So I get the turkey in the oven, start making the baked apples, etc. and I'm trying to be every so quiet.  I didn't even make my smoothie because the ice crusher makes a lot of noise as does the blender so I continue to wait.  Suddenly my front door opens and in walks my son and husband.  They had left earlier to go deer hunting.  Here I was alone in the house and I could have made all the noise I wanted!  I have to give them credit because they were ever so quiet when they got up at 5 a.m. and didn't even wake me.  I just love being able to laugh at myself.

So here is my menu for our Thanksgiving dinner:  Turkey, dressing, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, coleslaw, baked apples, rolls, relish tray, and cheese tray.  I realize I forgot to buy the cranberry relish that I love from Kroger's so I may be making a quick trip to purchase the relish.  We will also have pumpkin pie and a pumpkin roll.  I keep thinking I should make some deviled eggs just to round this all out.  Any suggestions for what I'm missing?  I think my mother would be proud.  I'll try to post some pictures later.

Blessings to all this Thanksgiving Day.  I pray for a lasting peace for our world, prayers for all who are struggling and for all people to show kindness, tolerance and grace to everyone they meet.

2 comments:

  1. Do hope you have a lovely day with your guests. All the food sounds yummy, specially as I am eating only liquid/mush food for 4 weeks following surgery this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you,Jude. Sorry I mentioned food. I do hope you are feeling better or at least will be better soon. We had a lovely day and the weather was nice enough that the grandchildren were outside playing. Take care. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete