Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Monday Everyone.  I had way too much fun last week in Shipshewana, IN at the Threads of Mine annual quilt retreat.  Can I use that for my excuse for not blogging to everyone sooner?  Jane O and I started with a tastey pretzel from JoJo's Pretzels along with my much loved vanilla Coke. (Cindy S. we were thinking of you when we were at JoJo's) We stopped at Calico Point Quilt Shop around Goshen, Indiana along the way, Lolly's Quilt Shop and Yoders's Quilt Shop in Shipshewana.  In fact we frequented Lolly's and Yoders' nearly everyday of the retreat.  If you've never made it to Shipshewana, Indiana you really should work a stop into your schedule.  Since we arrived on Wednesday we were able to walk through the Flea Market in Shipshewana.  The Flea Market is open May through October on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only.  Jane and I could hardly get over the absolutely beautiful weather we had on Wednesday so it was wonderful to enjoy the flea market in our shirt sleeves. 

Our Threads of Mine retreat started on Thursday with 73 ladies from all over the United States in attendance.  I've attended all three of the retreats since its start and I always am amazed at the talent that is displayed at our show and tell nights.  To not take too much valued time from the quilters we display our quilts in the large gathering room and everyone walks around  and ooh's and aaah's at all of the beautiful quilts.  You can see in my pictures some of the beautiful quilt  tops, wallhangings,  etc. that were completed during the retreat. I would not want to pick my favorite quilt since they were all so beautiful.  And isn't the little snowman just a cutie pattootie?  I'll post more picturs of more quilts in the coming days.

I was so excited that my niece Wendy and her youngest daughter, Yara, were able to meet me for lunch last Friday.  We ate at the Garden Gate Cafe on Morton Street in Shipshewana for lunch.  The Garden Gate has a great menu of soups, salads, delicious sandwiches, muffins, cupcakes and drinks.  In fact I ate there several times and it was always hard to choose which item to devour for lunch.  Let's just say I think I could eat there everyday for a month and not repeat the menu.  I had such fun spending time with Wendy and getting to know Yara. I think Yara especially enjoyed her pink cupcake.  Isn't she the cutest little girl?   Thanks Wendy for taking the time to visit it was so good to see you.

I did complete four quilt tops at the retreat, although, I've decided to add borders to three of the tops.  I'll post pictures at another time, but I do hope you enjoy the pictures of the quilts that the ladies at the retreat completed.  And a great big THANK YOU to Ruth Wasmuth our devoted and organized leader of the retreat.  I can't wait until next years' retreat.  I can't imagine October going by without spending some time at the Threads of Mine Quilt Retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana.

Blessings to all.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment