Thursday, August 15, 2013

Greetings all from beautiful Monticello, Indiana, USA.  It was one of those crisps mornings that made you realize that fall isn't far away.  I enjoy spring through fall and winter isn't my most favorite time of the year, but the beauty of winter can be spectacular.

I've quilted five quilts this week and I am working on a sixth quilt now.  As I am quilting I always wonder what was going on in the quilter's life when they were piecing the top.  Were they home by themselves, at a quilt shop sew in day, or at a quilt retreat with their sweet quilting friends putting their quilt top together.  Was their joy in their life or sadness or was life peaceful.  I do say a little prayer for the quilter and their family because you just never know if a prayer is needed in someone's life.  To me a quilt is a silent, secret diary of days gone by in the quilter's life that only the quilter and the quilt know about. Maybe this is why I don't put a label on my own quilts when they are finished.  The quilt and I are the only ones that know.  And the quilt doesn't tell my secrets.  I do secretly sign my quilt, though it may be hard to find my signature on some of my quilts.  And the only reason I sign them now is to be able to identify the quilt if it were lost or stolen.  I hope the "quilt police" don't look upon me unkindly for not putting a label on my quilt.  But then I think that is the joy of quilting we get to do whatever we want with our own quilts.

Blessings to all and enjoy the day you have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment