Monday, June 10, 2013

Morning all from beautiful Monticello, Indiana, at Lake Freeman.  A soft shower of rain visited us last night, but at least the rain came late so everyone who wanted to enjoy their day on the lake didn't have to be interrupted.

I need to get caught up on what I've been quilting the last few weeks.  I attended quilt camp at Camp Tecumseh, Brookston, Indiana the last week of May and the first dew days of June.  What a restful, busy, special camp this was for me.  I had the pleasure of sewing with some beautiful ladies in my sewing room, Jan, Cindy, Carol, Judy, Virginia and Nancy.  Neil, one of the Camp Tecumseh staff, was showing Jan and Cindy some of his new apps on his IPad mini.  Now who would of thought you could get a free app for playing the piano but the piano keys when pressed have a flatulence sound.  Let's just say when Jan played Twinkle, Twinke Little Star with the app everyone in our sewing room was roaring with laughter.  I must say I've never heard Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star played  with that sound.

Cindy G. has started a new trend, at least  all of us thought it was new, by having your nail polish match some of the colors in your quilt project.  I really liked the lime green nail polish Cindy was wearing.  The color really matched the lime green in  her quilt.

Lastly, the Dresden Plate quilt, so lovingly completed by Christa P. turned out beautifully using a pattern by Nancy Haacke at digitizedquiltingpatterns.com. The pattern was an all over, but I thought it looked stunning on Christa's quilt.

On a personal, family matter I would like to ask for prayer for our niece Cheri.  Cheri is having open heart surgery today.  Cheri has always taken good care of herself and done all of the right things to stay healthy and fit.  Unfortunately, a valve has to be replaced in her heart.  Please say a prayer for her and her husband Terry and their five daughters.

Blessings to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment