Thursday, June 6, 2013

Greetings from beautiful Monticello, Indiana.  It is such a glorious day here on Lake Freeman.  It's not too hot or cold.  There are a few boats on the lake with the occasional noisy (whoops did I say noisy) wave runner scurrying by.  Thank you, Lord for this day.

I have to toot my own horn today since it is the 12th anniversary of Miss Smith coming into my life.  I'm sure you are wondering who is Miss Smith and why is she so important to Marilyn.  Miss Smith is my Gammill Classic Longarm quilting machine.  Miss Smith was named after my high school home economics teacher who gave me the confidence and instruction to sew and to love sewing.  My mother also encouraged me and maybe pushed me a little bit, but little did I realize how much sewing would be a part of my life.  I really don't know what I would be doing with my life these past twelve years if it weren't for sewing which led of course to quilting.  And the rest they say his history.  I thank The Lord that I have been able to have a profession that I have a passion for, but more importantly a ministry that I use to pray for all of the quilters I have come in contact with these past twelve years.  I have made friendships with many of these ladies that fills my heart with joy that is immeasurable.  Each quilter is so unique and special just like the quilts they make.  I have had the opportunity to share laughter and joy, sorrow and tears always knowing that God is in the midst of us.  My heart is truly overflowing with thanksgiving.

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment