Monday, March 25, 2013

Greetings everyone.  Well we did end up with about 8" of snow,  but at least it is melting fast.  I wish I would have had the materials to do some snow dying of fabric like by friend Viki is doing.  I'll have to plan for next year and try this method of fabric dying out.  I have done marbling of material, but it has been awhile  since I marbled which sounds like a good spring through fall project.  I'll have to put that on my to-do list.

I actually put the binding on my Chevron quilt a little bit ago.  I have to confess I am binding challenged.  I really, really don't enjoy doing binding, but it is only because I have not found a good method of applying binding with my domestic sewing machine.  That is until today.  Enter the Clover Wonder Clips which I purchased at Yoders in Shipshewana, Indiana when I was on a quilt retreat last October.  All I can say about the Clover Wonder Clips is, "where have you been and thank goodness I found you".  These pretty red clips held my binding in perfect place while I was top stitching my binding down.  I am thrilled with the outcome.  I probably would of had 99 44/100th% almost perfection if I had practiced a little bit first, but I threw caution to the wind and went for it.  I think I will like doing binding now.  Thanks Clover for coming out with the Wonder Clips.

Blessings to all.





No comments:

Post a Comment