Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Blessings everyone.  The weather here today has been cloudy, windy, cold, sunny, snowing so hard you couldn't see across the lake and sleet.  Who said Mother Nature was boring?

I am working towards a productive week with almost three quilts completed.  My Statler Stitcher received an upgrade to its software last week so it is now running on Creative Studio 4.2.  I must say I am very impressed with this new upgrade.  The Statler has always run well, but the new upgrade is.  
S. M. O.  O  T. H.   I don't begin to say I understand how software works but it is amazing the tweaks this software has done for the Statler to run the Gammill.  Quilting and sewing have come a long way when you think about all of the machines that have been manufactured for sewing.  As quilters we have almost endless possibilities on how we can put our quilts together.  Just when I think there couldn't be more fabric lines, Moda comes out with a new line in colors that I just can't resist, and Moda is just one fabric company.  When I think how our grandmothers made quilts from flour sacks, I can hardly believe that I live in a time that material is in such abundance.

 I have a baby quilt to quilt this week that has pink elephants - pink elephants - I mean how cute is that?  I already have a darling elephant pattern that I plan to use for the quilting pattern.

Well I better settle down and get some rest, the morning will be here before I know it.


Blessings to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment