Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day to all of you beautiful mothers.  But what does beautiful mean?  I looked up the word in Websters dictionary and it said - very pleasing to the eye, ear, mind, etc. Syn. Beautiful is applied to that which gives the highest degree of pleasure to the senses or to the mind and suggests that the object of delight approximates one's conception of an ideal.  And here all of the time I thought beauty was only skin deep.  But really when we think of all the beautiful things our mothers did for us as we were growing up those are what to me made my mother beautiful.  I remember one fall admiring a winter coat in the window of a dress shop in Lowell, Indiana where I grew up.  My Mom worked part time caring for an elderly lady so I knew she didn't make very much money.  But when Christmas came and I opened this rather large box under the Christmas there was the coat I had admired.  My Mom passed many years ago now but she left me with beautiful memories of a mother who so unselfishly gave to her daughter.  Happy Mothers Day, Mom.

Blessings to all.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely story Marilyn, great memory. Wonder what my children will say and think about me when I am gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jude so happy to hear from you. I'm sure your children have wonderful loving memories of you. Maybe at Mothers Day we should ask our children to share a memory they had growing up about us. This has been a week of sadness for me and reflection. A dear quilting friend passed away from breast cancer. She was such a vibrant, sweet lady who always had a smile on her face and a wonderful laugh. I will miss her. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete