Saturday, February 23, 2013

Blessings everyone.  I have not closed my blog, but I have been posting pictures of quilts I've been quilting on my Facebook page.  Join me on Facebook under my name Marilyn Popplewell.  I do have my Facebook listed as private, but if  you would like to join me I'd love to have you.  I did quilt five quilts this week, three being custom using freehand quilting.  Whew, I am glad I can still freehand because one of the custom quilts was a beautiful appliqué quilt that is stunning.  There are two pictures on Facebook of this beauty.  Ada, who made this quilt, did a beautiful job on this beautiful quilt.

I had a fun day stopping to see some of the quilters that were attending quilt camp at Camp Tecumseh in Brookston, Indiana.  The ladies were having a great time and were very productive in using their time.  As always there were friendships (old and new) being cultivated, much laughter and gorgeous quilts in production.  I remember being told to "never say never", but I quilted a quilt this week that some of the pieces in the blocks were a quarter of an inch square in size.  This quilt was about 75 x 88 with about a five inch border and the body of the quilt was made up up of these tiny pieces.  The largest pieces of the block were about one inch square.  I had to tell Judy, the owner, that I had a great respect for her perseverance since she told me it took her two years to complete this quilt.  So if you want to see a job completed, I say give it to a quilter.

Blessings to all.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you are ok, was wondering how things were. Sorry but I dont do much on facebook, so will hope to hear from you occassionally on this blog.
    Have you tried to post photos to your blog with Windows Live Photo Gallery which comes up on your program listing??

    ReplyDelete