Saturday, September 15, 2012

Greeting Everyone.  It's been another interesting week here, especially when I thought last week was going to be my week to finally get all of the work in quilts done.  Whew!!  I've posted a few pictures of why I had to rearrange my schedule.  They are just the cutest reason though.   Carly and Eli came to Grandma and Grandpa's every morning last week because their Moma got called in to run the mail route all week.  We had a lot of fun last week and Grandpa Gary had an excuse to get a cup of McDonald's coffee everyday since he was already out picking up the grandkids.  Gary and I make a great tag team when it comes to watching the grandkids.  I give them their baths, get them dressed and fix them breakfast.  Gary is the "let's go for a golf cart ride chauffeur", walk down to the lake, and any other  play activity Carly and Eli were interested in.  Gary and I had a "date night" last night which we thought we both deserved.  Even after almost 40 years of marriage it is still special to go out with the one you love.

I did manage to get three quilts done in the evenings and I have one on the machine now.  I am determined to get caught up.  I am enjoying trying out more of Nancy Haacke's patterns (www.digitizedquiltingpatterns.com)   I'll post pictures of the quilt on the machine when it is completed.

I've posted two pictures of two of the three quilts I quilted, but unfortunately one of the quilts has already gone home with its owner.  Sorry I missed a picture of that one by Pam S. it was really a beautiful appliqued wallhanging.  I can only dream of doing hand applique work as well as Pam does.  The two quilts posted were made by Joyce P,  Both quilts had vibrant colors and interesting quilt patterns.

Blessings to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment