Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy February 13th, 2014.  I hope you get a treat for Valentine's Day tomorrow. Tomorrow would also have been my sweet mother's 99th birthday.  Mom always received many birthday cards from family and friends.  I even have many of those cards in a basket my Dad gave to me after Mom passed away.  Dad just couldn't seem to throw the cards away and now I can't seem  to throw them away either.  Funny what we hold onto.

Listed below are pictures of a new cutter/ruler I purchased from Nancy's Notions.  Also have to thank Nancy's Notions for their friendly staffer, Sharon, who took my order over the phone and their prompt service.  The ruler/cutter is made by Sew Easy is called Ruler Cuter and is 4 1/2" x 27 1/2".  I bought it hoping it would be easier on my hands when cutting strip pieces.  I must report I am very happy with my purchase.  There are videos on YouTube showing the ruler/cutter if you are interested in seeing a demonstration.  I've only cut 4 layers (2 strips)  at a time, but I'm pretty sure I could cut 6-8 layers at a time.  Some might consider $44.99 a little pricey, but I am very pleased with its ease of use.  It takes a standard 45mm rotary blade.  It is easy to line up the ruler on your fabric and just push the handle to have a perfect straight strip.  I would sometimes get an hourglass look on my straight strips using a regular rotary cutter.  This product has eliminated that problem for me.  Happy Valentine's Day to me.

Blessings to all.

1 comment:

  1. I may have to consider this. I bought a Go cutter for strips and finally sold it because the strips slipped, it was hard to line up and there was so much waste. I may need to talk to you more about this.

    ReplyDelete