Tuesday, October 22, 2013




Happy, happy Tuesday from cloudy, rainy Monticello, Indiana.  Well at least we don't have snow outside today like I hear upper Michigan has been experiencing.  I only enjoy snow the week before and after Christmas then I'm ready for spring.  Oh well at least when the weather does turn cold I can stay inside and quilt.

As promised here are a few more pictures of some of the beautiful quilts that the ladies made at the Shipshewana Threads of Mine quilt retreat last week.  I appreciate the complex piecing some of the ladies accomplished since I prefer the easy piecing.  Our retreat was full of laughter, sharing, laughter, learning, laughter, fellowship and did I mention laughter.  A statement I will always remember made by one of the quilters was, "I laughed so hard tears ran down my legs."  New friendships were made and many of us signed up for next years' retreat.  The Amish town of Shipshewana, Indiana is full of wonderful shops, even if you aren't a quilter, great eateries, bakeries, antiques, shoe stores etc.  Let's just say you would have a great time.  If you visit May-October the flea market is open.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of some more beautiful quilt tops made at the retreat.

Blessings to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment