Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy, happy Friday!  I love Fridays especially since I am gearing into vacation mode.  I did quilt four quilts this week and I was so excited to have the quilts all completed that in my haste I mailed them off without taking pictures.  Yes, I know I'm bad.  I did take a picture of what will be a tablerunner.  Actually, I was just testing out a pattern (and isn't it just lovely) that Nancy Haacke www.digitizedquiltingpatterns.com has on her October Masters Club page.  I love this pattern, it gives a lot of movement and dimension to the quilt.  I did use two layers of Hobbs 80/20 on the tablerunner and I used Glide thread in red.  I think for just practicing on a pattern I got a cute tablerunner with hardly any effort.

I am excited because I will be on a quilt retreat part of next week.  I will be attending the Threads of Mine quilt retreat to be held at the Farmstead Inn in Shipshewana, Indiana.  I mean what more could you want, Shipshewana, quilters, quilt shops, JoJo's Pretzels, Garden Gate Cafe (which serves absolutely scrumptous soups, sandwiches, etc).  Jane O and I will probably make JoJo's one of our first stops when we hit Shipshewana.  I will indulge in a JoJo's pretzel and a Vanilla Coke and I don't care what the calorie count is for that combination.  Maybe, I'll just walk back to the Farmstead and burn some of those calories off.  I am trying to choose how many quilt projects I think I will be able to complete.  I do want to make a Chevron Quilt that the Missouri Start Quilt Company showed as one of their tutorials.  I like simple piecing projects with lots of color.  I plan to use one layer cake of white by Moda and a Joy layer cake by Kate Spain as my project materials.  I decided I wanted another Christmas quilt so the Joy fabric will fit the bill. I already have in mind to use a snowman digitized quilt pattern by Nancy Haacke for this quilt. Since I belong to Nancy's Master Club and she sent us a snowmen pattern I just know this quilt will look spectacular.  The chevron quilt without borders finishes at 72 x 86 and I plan to add an 8-10" border so this should make a nice size quilt once it is completed.  I can hardly wait to get started on this quilt.  (Can you tell I'm excited?!!!!)

Have a great weekend everyone.  Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment